Friday, September 30, 2005

Dollars and Sense

OK, I admit it... I've got some serious issues when it comes to worrying about money, way beyond what "normal" people must feel.

This recently became apparent when I didn't have any work for 10 days. I believe I described the way I felt to a friend as "having a 300 lb. man stand on my chest" the whole time.

Thankfully, I'm working now. However, I resigned myself to explore this experience in an attempt to never feel that oppressive weight again.

One thing I'm trying to come to grips with is that I'll never have enough saved to feel safe. No one does... hell, the economy could crash around us and render all currency worthless tomorrow. There is nothing I can do about that... it is out of my control.

Accepting that sometimes life is certain and sometimes it's not, the yin to the yang, is the nugget I'm seeking to integrate.

So, I'm hoping that the next time the fat man comes back (oh, he will... it is inevitable...), he will have shed some pounds and not linger so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com