Thursday, February 02, 2006

Treatment



Jude has been sick 3 of the last 4 weeks. First rotovirus, which I'm certain is Latin for projectile poop and vomiting, and now bronchiolitis.

It looks as scary as it was to get the diagnosis. My mother's intuition, which sounds a lot like the frequently WRONG neurotic voice in my head, told me something wasn't right with him. "This isn't an ordinary cold," it said ominously.


I guess the $300 I spend monthly on therapy must be working, because I nailed it. Not just kind of sick but seriously sick. This condition comes with RSV and can be a harbinger of asthma. I'm so filled with guilt because this is a kid who had a total of one cold prior to daycare. Everything they tell you about daycare is true and actually worse than I expected.

I'm lucky because he's a very agreeable child. Jude sits quietly with his breathing apparatus on and even laughs while watching the cartoons I let him watch to appease my aforementioned guilt.

This one has really undermined my confidence as a parent. I've become one of those moms that checks to see if her kid is breathing while sleeping. I'm hovering over him, worrying about his eating, drinking and peeing like I never did before. I'm worried that MY worrying will not go away after the condition does.

Hmm... This may be a sign that I need to up the monthly therapy budget to $600.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com