Thursday, March 02, 2006

Haven't I been here before?

Guess what? The whole household is sick AGAIN! I know that comes as a no real surprise to everyone given that we've only been sick 8 of the last 12 weeks this year.

I'm trying really hard not to make this a blog about my health because this is so freakishly unlike how we usually are. I guess this is the new "normal" that comes with daycare. I'm not going to concede to this easily. I'm looking for an alternative as soon as possible. Not sure what that means yet, but I just don't know how much more of that disease-riddled environment I can take.

I guess when I chose Hilltop, I thought that because it was affiliated with the university, it was the best choice. The program is excellent and Jude has really blossomed there. However, the reality of 10 snotty-nosed kids playing in close proximity has really hit me.

A friend may be gettting a job at KU, so if that works out, we've discussed doing a nanny share. It would be great since I work at home and can make sure no mischief occurs during the day. Fingers crossed on that one.

July can only come too soon. That is when Mike will have worked off his indentured servitude. Did I actually type that outloud? Silly me, I meant finish his doctoral internship. He'll be able to start watching the boy while wrapping up the ol' dissertation.

Or at least that's how the movie in my head goes...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done
i support you

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com